This is an independent contractor position that can be mostly or entirely done from home, up to approximately 20 hours per week. Pays $30 per billed hour.
The job requires familiarity with multiple software programs (Square, Venmo, Quickbooks, Google Workspace, Zoom, and Excel are minimum requirements) and flexibility to adapt to the client’s own systems.
Bookkeeper must be responsive and quick to accept new assignments on short notice, some of which may have short deadlines. Must have ongoing availability for at least 10 hours per week or more. Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with clients and meet their needs by determining appropriate deliverables. This is not a short-term or seasonal position, but is instead intended to be a long-term relationship in which the bookkeeper may work with the same clients for years.
The ideal candidate is extremely organized, is a self-starter, has a “can do” attitude, can work quickly under deadlines, is adaptable to a variety of client needs, and enjoys working with people via phone and video call.
Bookkeeper will be truly independent in their work, which must stand alone, and will be responsible for overseeing a variety of bookkeeping and bookkeeping-related tasks. Should be excellent at recording data and have an ability to produce clear financial reports. Should be familiar with nonprofit and small business accounting principles, including tracking of restricted funds.
- Quickly accept referrals of prospective clients from business owner
- Meet with clients via phone or video call on short notice, determine appropriate deliverables for that client if needed
- Track expenses, budget, cash flow, receipts and other financial dealings of company or organization
- Provide regular financial reports
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable, standard bookkeeping tasks
- Substantial experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting work
- Comfort with nonprofit bookkeeping principles
- Able to work entirely independently, set and meet own deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, good client management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Square, Venmo, Zoom, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail
How to Apply
- Email Abigail Salisbury at email@example.com
- Please include a resume and a brief description of your availability and qualifications